Our new 2025-26 Japan brochure is here!

Save up to £995pp with our launch offers Find out more

The Award-Winning Tour Specialist
Travel Health

Travel Health

Celebrating 25 Years of tour excellence


Wendy Wu does not give specific health advice, but we do recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel for advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations. Please remember to take your itinerary with you.

For more information, we recommend you visit the NHS Fit for Travel website. 


We strongly recommend you do not drink the tap water, and avoid ice in your drinks. There will usually be a kettle or flasks of boiled water in your hotel room and on-board trains.

Boiled water is suitable for drinking and cleaning teeth. Safe, bottled drinking water is readily available for sale everywhere – from small shops, supermarkets, restaurants, and hotels. It is not customary for hotels to provide complimentary bottled drinking water. Always ensure that the seal is unbroken.

Your National Escort will outline the basic precautions, but even the most careful travellers can still pick up bugs. Personal hygiene and sensible eating and drinking are the best precautions, but you may wish to take rehydration salts to aid your recovery should you become unwell.

Your own first aid or medical kit

We recommend you carry a small first aid kit for your personal use.

For some items you may need to consult your doctor for a prescription. The following list is intended as a guide only:

  • Plasters
  • Sterile dressings and bandages
  • Simple pain killers e.g. paracetamol or ibuprofen
  • Antiseptic cream
  • Antihistamine cream (for insect bites)
  • Sunburn cream
  • Anti-diarrhoea pills e.g. Imodium
  • Rehydration salts e.g. Dioralyte

Please ensure you carry any essential personal medication in your hand luggage rather than checked in bags.

Travel Aware - Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad. For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice